Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Ella, the Adventurous Eater!

Guess who likes pizza?

Ella!

We've created a monster!

Today started out well.  I've moved on from the heartbreaking cheese omelet incident, and warily tried peanut butter toast (yes, I've located the good peanut butter).  I made two toasts, just in case she was hungry enough.  I cut the crusts off, and cut the toasts into little squares.

Bracing myself for armageddon, I placed a toast square on her high chair tray.  She eyeballed it, then looked at me, as if asking me what to do with it.

I took a square and ate it.  Message received, my tiny squidlet.

Ella grasped the square between thumb and forefinger.  Toasty success!

She ate close to all of both toasts, minus the square I ate as an example, she threw two squares on the floor, and there were two left on the plate.

The other day, Tom and I made french fries with our dinner.  We always give Ella a few fries, so, I cut off the hard or sharp ends to a handful of fries and put them on her tray. 

A few minutes later, I notice Ella stretching and straining to see my plate.  I followed her gaze...to my ketchup.

"Eh!  Eh!  Eh!"  Ella tried to reach her fry into my ketchup.

Tom raised an eyebrow.  "Why don't you put a little on her fry?  It could be an interesting reaction!"

I shrugged.  I took Ella's fry, dipped the tip into the ketchup, and handed her back the fry.

She eyeballed it, then smiled, recognizing the red stuff.  She put it in her mouth, sucked the ketchup off the tip, and handed the fry back to me, motioning for me to put more ketchup on it.  What a little ham!

On top of all this, she's still not sleeping through the night.  Last night was another rough one.  She was up around 2am, down by 3:30, back up at 4, didn't go back down until around 5:30am.

We're running out of ideas; we've tried a bath and bedtime lotion, we've tried covering the heat vents in her room, we've tried giving her cereal before bed.  She's not currently sick or congested, that we know of.  If anyone has any ideas, please feel free to comment.  Any suggestions are welcome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment