Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sippy Cups, Baby Poop and Hidden Peanut Butter

Hello Everyone - Welcome to my New Blog!

I figured I would explain my Blog Title in my first post to clarify things a bit.

Sippy cups.  A big part of any parent of a 13-month-old.  We've gone through several; the most recent being a 3-stage "transitional" sippy cup, starting with a regular nipple, moving to a straw-like nipple device, and ending with your rubber sippy cup top.  All past sippy cup experiences have leaked, or been lost along the way, or thrown out because we cut a wider opening in the top to allow rice cereal through.

And, it would figure: as soon as she got used to this new one, now she's getting teeth.  The cycle of sippy cups is never-ending.

Baby poop.  We deal with a lot of it.  Right now, she's getting over a double ear infection, and she's on augmentin.  The medicine gives her massive diarrhea.

Now, I haven't been like those "movie moms" who unknowingly wipe the poop on their cheeks and foreheads, then have a great big laugh about it.  I've been fortunate enough to only get it on my thumb.  And knuckles.  And shirt.  Okay, more than one shirt.  And the couch.  Twice.  You'd really think I would have learned not to change her on the couch by now.  And I can't find the Febreeze :(

Hidden Peanut Butter.  I have a husband (that alone should be enough explanation).  He uses things, then, I swear to God, he hides them on me.  I knew we had good peanut butter, and I went to use it, and it was gone.  Then, suspiciously, I find the thick, rounded paper cover to the peanut butter jar left haphazardly on the counter in ripped up pieces.  Again, no jar.  This morning, I have located the peanut butter, and am hoping to enjoy it on an English muffin at some point today.

I wonder if he knows where the Febreeze is?

No comments:

Post a Comment